UX Design Case Study
Content, User Flows, Sign Up, Affordances, Web Design
Fixture Travel is a start-up I worked with to clarify content, re-format the design of the daily blog entries, refine the user-flow from the home-page to sign-up page and reduce the cognitive load on website users. The company's goal is to provide advice to sports fans when organising their travels.
A selection of my annotated screenshots going through the user flows of the website.
From making notes on problems I encountered, I sketched wireframes with pen and paper. The main points are annotated below.
I started working on the website almost at the same time as it was launched. I focused on the user goals and needs, sketching a quadrant and mainly utilising the jobs-to-be-done methodology. The deliverable to the Fixture Travel team was a set of black and white wireframes completed in Sketch, with some rewritten content, visual design suggestions and improvements on the UI.
- jobs to be done
- user testing of content
- Aligned all website elements with each other
- Clarified content to describe Fixture Travel's services more succinctly
- Re-grouped and re-wrote 'What We Provide' services to be seen on one screen
- Included call-to-action buttons throughout the page
- Recommend a sticky navigation bar or a scroll to top function
- Reduced scrolling time by reducing unnecessary white space, font size, and re-ordering elements
- Removed the 'Home' tab in the header bar
- Explain that will happen when a user signs up for Fixture Travel services
- Increased the size of the tick boxes
- Reduced size of call-to-action button to improve affordance
- Gave headings to the daily blog
- Formatted the blog entry with highlighted sports and events
- Included search bar
- Reduced image size for reduced scrolling time
- Added a call-to-action button with a suggestion of Fixture Travel's services
I made additional recommendations to the Fixture Travel founders:
- Include an example itinerary of how Fixture Travel helped a user have a trip
- Include blog entries describing user's trips
- Have a calendar layout on the calendar page with examples of sports running that month, and where they are